It’s not Friday, but that’s okay, there’s so much that has happened with magical girls (okay, maybe not that much, but enough) that I get to write about it for your review. I should really be doing my thesis, but whatever, we’ll ride with it. Besides, there’s always the weekend…or next week…or the rest of December…
Either way, let us look at what happened this week in the land of magical girls
- I discovered Reallycoykoifish via Facebook a few months ago and I just need to show you guys how awesome they are. Reallycoykoifish is a talented artist that not only posts magical girl-inspired art, but also posts cool 4-Koma (that’s four panel) comics about magical girls. The Sailor Moon and Kill la Kill comics make my sides hurt. If you love magical girls and like to laugh, please take the time to visit! You will be glad you did!
- In the first of several announcements this week (well, more like last Saturday, just bear with us here), girls’ manga magazine Nakayoshi has announced that Card Captor Sakura’s newest serialization, the Clear Card Arc, is getting a TV Anime Adaptation airing January 2018. Of course, fans of the series have lost their minds in excitement. I am one of them – though I hope for their sake this means that the source material will have plenty more content published before going to air, since Nakayoshi is a monthly magazine. Say no to filler!! In the meantime, Anime Now has posted an article getting fans up to speed with what’s been going on in the latest arc.
- And, if the hype about CCS wasn’t enough, Studio Trigger has released the newest trailer for the Little Witch Academia TV series, which is set to air in January. It features both the opening and ending themes to the series. I am super excited about this one, because it appears to feature students from both the first movie as well as Shiny Parade! Just another reason to renew my Netflix account next month.
- People are absolutely losing their minds over the collaboration between Sailor Moon and the Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare – aka Sailor Moon teaching people about safe sex. The most hilarious rant comes from Joey aka The Anime Man, who is NOT HAPPY about his childhood being ruined. Meanwhile, Japan import groups on Facebook (well, the one I’m one) have had requests for those promotion Sailor Moon pamphlets. I would mind one of those myself, to be honest…
- Oh by the way…did I mention that in addition to promoting safe sex, Sailor Moon, in the name of the moon, wants to persuade us to buy a Ford Focus? I guess she’s got to make that money somehow, I don’t think being a soldier of Love and Justice pays well. And this isn’t the only one either!
- Toei announces the newest season of PreCure (Pretty Cure) will be called “KiraKira PreCure A La Mode” and will air next year. I watched a bit of “Smile PreCure” (because Glitter Force was just…no…), and I need to get back to Go! Princess PreCure. But the tag line “Make food! Eat! Fight” (Tsukutte! Tabete! Tatakatte!) has got me all kinds of curious.
And that’s all you need to know about what’s happening with Magical Girls this week – it was pretty action-packed and I’m sure there was some news that forgot to post! But these are the bits that caught my eye and I hope there is more to come!
May you all enjoy the rest of your week! With love from Misu 😉